View Single Post
Old 20-08-17, 07:16 PM   #306
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

we took the grandkids up to Halifax for a holiday, on the first day going into York to visit the Railway Museum, temp suddenly shot up. Called the RAC and he put a pressure tester on it. I noticed small bubbles coming out of the crimped over seal on the header tank.

He put some rad seal stuff in and it seemed to stop the leak. Went up to the Lakes and water started going down, so I bought some K-seal and stuck that in. Again seemed to stop it. We then went twice into Blackpool, to the front and the Zoo. Bought two more bottles of the K-seal stuff, stuck one bottle in.

On the way back home I put another bottle is as it had started to lose water. Visited all the services on the M62, M1, M6 on the way back down!! Decided that it was too risky to go on where we might get onto a motorway with no hard shoulder, so stopped in a parking bay on the A46.

Good old RAC got to us quickly and I thought it would be a tow, as the water was now coming out under pressure. RAC guy , cleaned the area and put a epoxy resin putty stuff along the radiator header seal.

Amazed it worked and seems to be holding up and levels are OK and not moving. Time to decide if it will last, or a new rad!!