View Single Post
Old 19-12-17, 05:00 PM   #329
dakta

dakta is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I re-read the post from last night and I thought 'what a rant'

but it needs to be said, because I'm commercially active you don't get the opportunity to dish out the other side of the tale at times, though I can tolerate that.

What I really can't stand (and I'm learning about what I can and can't stand on the job) are people who aren't involved in a project, or who aren't stakeholders making out that you're being lazy, or are otherwise lacking. Pete's a grand exception because he's the only person who at any stage has put into the project but i do want to empthasize exception. He's tried to make my life easier actively not passively to keep things moving, most people are just happy to sit and wait whilst i save up for bits for test modules and the like.

There's people in the L-series and MGR tuning scene right now making money off my evenings spent with an emulator finding pathways in the code you don't just accidentally stumble across. We had the initiative (once) but all people want to do is take, and then voice their opinions when there's nothing left on the table except for their displeasure at their being nothing left on the table.

Another way to look at this, lets say I was somehow incapacitated and couldn't make a vnt controller, no hope at all - its bad news but not end of the world, because as quoted above there is the rover ron, or 'arduino' controllers already available, just waiting for people fed up of waiting for me to use...

...so where are the vnt controlled rovers?

Nah push come to shove it sometimes seems the only way a vnt is going on a rover is if I bolt one to one. People have reverse engineered my work, and i haven't kept my ideas or algorithms secret so there's no real reason why any tuner with some brains couldn't get to where we have, and beat me whilst i'm distracted so to speak.

they've had two years, it's not happening is it, so let's just focus on getting Pete sorted.

I feel a bit mean but I'm getitng a bit weary of it sometimes.

pricewise i don;t have a rate for the controller, it's not a commercial project. if it was it wouldn't have been made because it wouldn't have been viable. So I don't expect it to be a profit, I just had a solution that seemed to work so offered to duplicate it.

I can and will make more when im confident bugs are ironed out but i don't see any demand, which isn't surprising because nobody really subscribed to the idea of properly fitting a turbo upgrade to the l-series. except charles, who is enjoyng his vnt at this moment with our controller, and pete who's hopefully about to, once i can get it fitted to a car to figure out why its a bit more temperamental.

We'll keep on plodding but lots more serious stuff happening as well, not to say pete isn't serious but ya know. Lifes a bit more complex than it used to be

Last edited by dakta; 19-12-17 at 05:09 PM.
dakta is offline   Reply With Quote