View Single Post
Old 26-12-17, 11:07 AM   #337
dakta

dakta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Would still love to see a well controlled and reliable VNT L series on the scene.
Go see charles, he's had one for a wee while (3 years?)

He's had his fair run in with teething issues ( mechanical stuff) but nothing catastrophic I don't think its ever been off the road, though I know he swapped his head at one point. From a controller POV i've not done any work on his since we finished it. I don't know what his plans are with it ultimately but he's running a lot of boost (upper 20's, low 30's) and has done since pretty much the start. from an engineering POV I don't know what people expect in order to call something reliable, but i dont think we've done bad.

As far as communications breakdowns - no idea. The only people who have mentioned vnt controllers on the l-series to me in the last few years have been charles and pete. They have talked to me throughout and everytime we hit a hitch or solved a problem they were pretty much in the mix, more-so with charles as he was the beta tester and saw the most of the bug solving. There's probably some people out there who may have said 'ill have on of those' but charles peter and myself are the people who have been invested into it so to speak, and they can (and frequently do) chat to me about things.

Pete's will get there, I think the issues we face are trivial (just hard to solve without his car to hand) as effectively what we're doing is duplicating charles setup and i think once we get there that's everyone then looked after whos stuck with it.

Last edited by dakta; 26-12-17 at 11:52 AM.
dakta is offline   Reply With Quote