View Single Post
Old 13-02-18, 01:25 PM   #338
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
So given it's a couple of months later, and I've still not posted anything going "squee finally done it" I figured I should probably say the delays are down to the external factor gremlins that none of us have any control over....

Still in the interim she's running well and we've worked out the bits and bobs we need to sort out on top of the bolt on parts we have.

for example, going to add an inline fuel pump to give the main injection pump a slightly reduced workload; going to fit a separate swirlpot - the Petrol tank without the baffle causes starting issues if you get under 1/4 a tank without it.
Going to put the custom injectors in from the off - but hopefully get them detuned to current performance levels; should give some steering on airflow requirements. (fitted a foam pipercross instead of the Green filter as it was so far beyond it's best it was a hindrance & now I don't use the MAF for fueling a small amount of contamination is no longer needed)
We figured that lower stress usage of these injectors should hopefully highlight any potential problems without it being "too serious" given that they are totally experimental & I'm not aware of any-one else having tried them.

On the bad news I've got a slow puncture on the nearside rear tyre - should probably get it round to a tyre fitter to pop it off the rim and re-seal it, as it looks in good nick other than that; though tbh if I had to replace the pair it's still be less than one of the fronts on the Mustang!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote