View Single Post
Old 24-03-08, 10:36 AM   #8
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Kev, i totaly get where you are coming from in that we do buy a lot of Honda Civics, Nissan Micras and the like that have all been made and assembled here and have financed our industry and kept thousands in work. However, i also take on board the original post by Les Millar about the fact that when in France the vast majority of cars being driven are French brands, not just cars assembled in France. When i work in France or go there on holiday it is deafinatley the case that nearly every car you see is a Citroen, a Peugeot or a Renault - true patriotism. But also to answer Les' question as to why we don't see so many 'true Brit' cars on our roads then that is simple; To start with there weren't that many MGR's on the road anyway in comparison to say Ford or Vauxhall or Honda, now they've been out of production for 3 years there are no new ones and plenty that will have been scrapped. To then cap that off the remaining true British cars are either too expensive or too impractical or both (think Ariel Atom, Ultima etc !)
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote