View Single Post
Old 15-04-08, 10:40 PM   #12
papa_lazaroo

papa_lazaroo is on a distinguished road
Dan, you wouldn't believe the grief I've had, all from the silly kids.

I'm practically banned from the ZR site now.

apparently, it's okay to be accused of trying to palm off something dodgy, and the ZR site administrators say nothing, but point out that they are daft, and you get kicked off.

No justice in the world.

Pitty I have such a beast in my ZS, or I'd bloddy keep the ZR it's lovely.

I'm lucky really to have been able to enjoy the experiences I have done over the years in the car design environment, I took 2 prototypes of the 200vi, that had Cosworth engines (2,1 litre) to Esslingen, in Germany for rolling road tuning, I followed the development of that engine, right up until Rover were awarded the design awards for the inovation in the VVC K-series. I was so proud that it was developed and put in a car developed just the other side of the fence to my Mom's back garden, and I was involved.

To then be told, that I didn't know this, and didn't know that, by someone, who's probably bought a couple of 1.4 thrashed ZR's over the years, kind of made me see red.

Luckily I have calmed down now (well a day at the NEC looking at big trucks and pretty promo girls can do that sort of thing).

I just hope that whatever is sells for, it goes to a home that won't take a hacksaw to it, and turn it into something tacky. It's a nice one, the lady who had it before (CAZ) loved it, it was part of her family, and as such, is a nice old tool.

By the way, your roof looks the absolute business.

regards
papa