View Single Post
Old 27-04-08, 04:35 PM   #32
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Driving tests can be a funny thing you can fail one time do the same thing the next time and you could pass,Its all down to who you have
When I was a driving instructor I sat in on a few tests, the things pupils did that they never would on a lesson were unreal.

The examiner has to judge how a person behaves, their attitude ec

I watched one test, an experienced driver from Canada (he was also an airline pilot), a traffic light changed to amber just as he approched, without hesitation he nipped through. Without being there as an observer but hearing the story after, would you have passed the driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Remember the police know what they are talking about when it comes to driving as they have to do very advance driving courses
To get my driving instructor quilification I had to pass the highest driving test available to the public, 1 hour in town, on country roads and motorways. 3 minor mistakes and you fail. I have also taken police driving courses and have 2 vocational driving quilifications.

Please bear that in mind when you read the following.

SPEED DOESN'T KILL, MIS-USE OF SPEED DOES!

Mis-use of speed can be equally going to slow for the conditions as going too fast. It has been known for my car to be driven at speeds well above the speed limit but I have only had 1 driving accident 6 months after I passed my test-27 years ago. And I do a few miles, over 1000 in the last week.

Finally, how much blame can be attributed to the driver not observing what the stationary car was doing in this situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I was driving just under 30 went past a car that was parked on the sie of the road what does he do?? Well he pulls out without even looking drives in the side of me but he doesn't stop he just keeps driving which makes my car a write off
If you had been doing just over 30 you may have been passed him when he pulled out.