View Single Post
Old 04-05-08, 01:19 PM   #20
garythesnail

garythesnail is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_lazaroo View Post
I know what you mean, but consider this. If you borrow the money to pay for it, work out how much per year you'll save in fuel bills, divide that by 12 months and pay this much back permonth to the lenders, you'll have a system that is paying for itself, dumps less crap in your oil, lowers wear on the engine, and if you sell your car later on, for about 500 notes, they'll swith the system to your new motor. (you may need to pop a new bumper on to the old car though).
I've been running mine on LPG for over 2 years and 47k miles now - I'd get a bigger tank ( but would have to chop out the spare wheel well to do this and retain the practicality of the boot) and put the number plate on a hinge and position the filler behind it so the hole won't be visible.

I don't notice any performance difference when running on LPG or petrol (and don't forget you'll still chuck in a fair amount of petrol over the years too). I changed the original plugs at 60k (which were in very good condition - the middle cylinder plug on both banks were a slightly darker colour) and no difference experienced with the new plugs fitted.

Mine's a prins 'piggy back' sequential system too, but they all seem to operate in a similar manner. The savings are there to be made, but not quite as much as I originally anticipated.

Low mileage users needn't bother converting as it just doesn't pay, but the other benefits are pointed out above.

If it's any consolation, mine stutters with less than a quaretr of a tank being chucked about the twisties too - scary the first few times, almost as if the brakes are put on!!

Saving money on fuel helps justify spending the pennies elsewhere too!

That's my tuppence worth anyway.

All the best,

Gary
garythesnail is offline   Reply With Quote