View Single Post
Old 28-06-08, 04:24 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
I've owned both and in my opinion there is absolutely no difference in the real world. On a track the MK2 feels a bit sharper on steering response but who cares about on track when your main purpose is for commuting etc ?!

And as you say, when you are driving it you don't notice the looks but you do notice 2 things inside - the MK1 is better screwed together and feels more solid and substantial but the MK2 seems more comfortable purely down to it's more modern layout and climate control. Personaly, i wouldn't feel hard done by if i had to sell my MK2 180 and go back to a MK1 180
Thanks .... that's what I hoped for performance wise. I really rate the engine. Pulls well in all gears and is good enough on fuel for me. I don't use the climate anyway .... so old fashioned A/C would do me fine.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote