View Single Post
Old 21-08-08, 08:07 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
The nuts and bolts of the accident,the repairs, and the insurance offer are where we have problems. But .... we can, (and I'm sure you are), make up for it when it comes to the injury part. If you were shunted so hard as to have left the road and gone into someone's garden, the whiplash injury to your neck would have been significant and it sometimes takes a while to start hurting.

I was in exactly this position a while back after getting knocked off my motorbike. The damages to the bike and gear weren't even close to being covered in the offer I received ...... but the £2K for the whiplash balanced it up and paid for a holiday in Turkey too.

You need to start looking at others like yours which are for sale and printing off the advert, so that you can present the insurance co with similar specced cars to argue their valuation if it comes in low.

You should also look at getting a hire car to cover the inconvenience of being without, which you then claim back off the Porsche insurance co.

In any case ... bad news about the car, but, and it's easy for me to say .... it is just a car, and your here to tell the tale and get another. Some aren't so lucky.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote