View Single Post
Old 15-10-08, 08:16 AM   #14
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueads1 View Post
I'm very happy with it, it's almost like having a new car! Does anyone know if the headlight adjuster has to work to pass the MOT? If anyone's got any advice, that'd be great!
I've done the conversion and my headlight adjusters work!!

Basically they are reversed, this is why they don't work currently... So what you need to do is, using a sharp Stanley knife or similar, carefully remove the "extrusions" on the headlight connector (not wiring loom - your basically making the plastic flat) then file down to a smooth finish and push the wiring loom on 180 degrees from normal, your adjusters will then work! - Does that make sense??

Note, the connector no longer "clips" into place, but mine have never come off! - To make it easier for you the units twist then pull off at an angle, just remember if you put them back again to ensure they clip into place before twisting them back into the headlight unit!

However, my car passed the mot before I fixed them!

Good Luck finding the brackets, according to the dealer network I got the last two in existance and they are not making any more!! (at least thats what they said!)

If you want a hand I'm happy to share my knowledge so either pop over for a beer/coffee/coke/whatever or PM/Post and I'll help out

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk

Last edited by ZS; 15-10-08 at 08:24 AM.
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote