Thread: cams
View Single Post
Old 16-12-08, 11:54 AM   #13
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
I think the theory is that with the ZT being a bigger car the timing was different to give better torque.

Something I'm having checked when my timing belt is replaced, as I think my timing is slightly out - as last rolling road day KevG got more power than me with almost identical mods. Apparently the timing margin for error on the KV6 was 10% either way, so that could potentially be causing the drop

The timing on a kv6 is very very rarely spot on, either half a tooth either way. its basicly impossible to do it 100% for some reason. some have been known to be timed up as 160 zt's.

Lots needs to be taking into consideration for rollers, each car is different, and engines different also, but things that would affect the rollers are, tyres, tyre pressure, gearbox oil etc.

The KV6 ZT runs the same cams as the ZS, the air intake on the ZT is a lot better than a STD zs, also the injectors run slightly different, but the main thing is the map being different to the zs.

Ross
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote