View Single Post
Old 21-01-09, 12:34 PM   #53
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post

One thing I really like about buying a car like this, Prodrive sent me an email once they found out I had bought it with a load of service and technical help numbers - including two mobiles I can phone any time day or night in case of an emergency. If anything at all goes wrong I just give them a phone and they'll send out an engineer to have a look at it. I'm going to get a nice certificate when the ownership changes too with the car number ect on it.

That's what you call customer service!
Or is that what you call tempting fate?

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but that is not a great selling point!

Didn't the McLaren F1 offer an engineer service globally and came with a modem port and full tool kit supplied for the owner in the event of a breakdown? I seem to remember that the owner could plug in something and the faults could be downloaded and said engineer sent anywhere in the world, tools already there for them to use.