Thread: Mg zs 115.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-09, 10:56 AM   #12
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
all due to the way that the torque is delivered.. and diesel will almost always loose out on a 1\4 mile as we need more gearchanges

as a quick question what RPM were you changing at?

I am not sure whether this show the results properly - but this is a plot from a RR i had last year - pretty much the same mods as yours, boost increase, full exhaust, cone filter and MAFAM on the 115 standard MAP. (I have been led to belive also that this is about 6-7% optermistic as a later RR on a set that i believe is more accurate returned 125bhp and 192lbs-ft

Anyhoo, back to the point i was trying to make, as you can see from the torque curve you want to be changing when you have to to make use of the peak torque at just below 2000rpm. Yes there is the debate as t wether more torque or the gearing is beneficial, but as we have to change either way at least 4 times if you start in first you may as well make sure that it is right.

I am really gutted i have unfortunately missed every POD meet that has been done o nthe forums for one reason or another, so never been able to find out what the best things are...

ps sorry for off topic lol

p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote