View Single Post
Old 13-03-09, 01:28 PM   #24
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
Then your obviously not seeing things clearly.....lol

The actual cost was 6k drive in drive out, for that you get the engine supplied, re built with uprated rods and inlet and exhaust valves, new belts and gaskets, new baffled sump, full custom 3 inch turbo back exhaust by Blueflame, custom intercooler and boost pipes by pro alloy, custom engine mounts and steady bracket, new uprated clutch, gearbox
re build with steel cage bearings, new standalone ecu, new uprated fuel pump, custom induction, vag to pg1 engine to gearbox adaptor plate, custom flywheel etc etc ...i cant think of everything tbh but its a total build with everything uprated to take the power, my engine will go to 400 bhp just with a turbo swap.
The only extra was my turbo which i got at reduced price but considering i got 1500 quid for my kv6, exhaust, induction, seats etc then the whole job actually only cost me 4500 quid plus my turbo.
Now then......4500 quid wouldnt even get you a supercharger fitted with everything it needs to work properly, its going to work out at 5k + by the time youve paid for standalone and fitting and better injectors and fitting and then hopefully it will be reliable !!

So to summarise ....5k for a bolt on part giving 250 bhp and no torque gain and nothing else at all, no clutch, no gearbox mods, no exhaust, no nothing OR 4.5k plus a turbo for everthing ive listed above and then some and 50 more bhp than the charger and 140 ftlb more torque.

Yeah i see were your coming from now....

Not rflmao

Dave

Dave

Last edited by Dave ZS-X; 13-03-09 at 01:34 PM.
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote