Thread: Riks MG ZS
View Single Post
Old 22-04-13, 04:14 PM   #12
Rikki55

Rikki55 is on a distinguished road
Been a while since ive updated this thread... But its been progress time for the ol ZS!

Well the past few weeks have been quite busy for the ZS and also my poor wallet!

Firstly she had a little (ish) service a out 2 weeks ago - Just a set of Champion Spark Plugs and new HT leads, and took the Bwarpp filter off and replaced back to standard with a nice new clean paper filter sounds a lot quiter and runs better IMO.

And then... THE HG BLEW

Luckily I managed to notice early and didn't have to drive the car too long with the Oil mixing with the coolant - was about 3 days so about 90 miles, no more than 3k RPM and plenty of water and oil in reserve incase it properly went, luckily it didn't

And then it was MOT time!

ZS sitting on the ramps!

And it was a straight pass! good times! Tester commented on how well looked after the car was bodywork and underneath! So that was all good and only cost me £40! Good ol family freind MOT places
Even passed the emmisions with a blowing HG

Then later that evening Captian Slow (Iain) turned up to change the HG on the car! All I had to do was supply tea and Gold and he was more than happy, in his element removing every oil soaked nut and bolt the ZS could offer him to remove!

Head off!

Managed to complete the HG change and also a PAS belt in about 3 and a half hours which was bloody impressive considering he was doing it mostly solo! Top man!

I was also advised to run a bit of premium fuel in the old girl as it reveals that the cheaper petrol I had been getting from Sainsburys likes to carbon up the cylinder head to some extent! Plus it feels a tad more responsive running a higher RON petrol too

Anyway with a fresh MOT, fresh HG, scorpion backbox, cambelt, oil and coolant to be replaced soon! And also the addiction of my 180 side skirts and front splitter, I must say that my ZS has come a long way from when I first set eyes on her a few months back! I think I'm almost done modifying it to how I want her now! So I'm one very happy owner!

There may be a few more upgrades down the line such as:
Rover 45 leather steering wheel,
Better tires
Get the bloody aircon working!
But apart from that I'm all happy!

Here's some pics of her after a full wash, polish, wax and detail (Autoglym )

FEW ARTY SHOTS

Under Bonney pics after a quick spruce up - not perfect as my header tank is filthy from where I'm still flushing the remnants of the HG failure..

Still loving the interior..

Scorpion Exhaust..

Rover 45 Headlights anyone...?

How about Grey?

So yeah... Thats it for now..!

Comments and criticisms welcome

Rik
Rikki55 is offline   Reply With Quote