View Single Post
Old 17-01-11, 03:05 PM   #1
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
My 180.. in for a penny in for a pound!!

Right I have decided to make this a project now and get some track time included to now that one of the regulars to the restaurant can hook me up with time on the goodwood circuit
Its also to stop me getting to disheartened with the massive list thats forming....

I have been thinking that I could maybe sell this one and get another because in all honesty I have brought a bit of a pup.. annoying!!
But this morning in the pissing rain I decided that with what I have spent etc that would be bloody mad so like the title says.. im in for a penny in for a pound.. or several hundred!

Here she is at the min just after a valet last week.

Heres a list of the issues but Im sure I have missed stuff...
Sticking rear handbrake mech both sides
'Glazed' Disc and pads o/s front
Full brake fluid change and bleed
Replace Front splitter with modded one
Fix radio and clock issue.. fit new clock.
Replace Back Box after old dear bent it with her car and George mentioned its the wrong length tip.. not saloon or hatch.
Replace alloys because 2 are buckeled..ish
Fit o/s rear bearing kit.
Poss blow in the manifold.
Find where the water is getting in because i came in to this first thing this morning

As some of you may have read its got a bit of a past which came about in the short gap in the history. In the gap its had a 'new' engine which was badly fitted and damaged the rad and the belts where not changed on (still had the original Rover ones) so last week George at Rover MG Parts LTD fitted a new set of belts, tensioner, water pump and rad but the problem is I'm left not knowing how old the engine is with the only thought in my mind that noone would fit a older/higher mileage engine.. hopefully! I'm gonna try to see if I can find out about it.
But its had lots of love from me inc oil changes every 5-6k.. think she could do with a fuel filter at some point though.

Most look like 'easy' fixes but as Jamie will tell you she fights all the way all the time.
Once I have sorted that list here's what i want to do.
Fit the Ebach springs I got of Mick
Refit the VIS indicators
Fit a Lightweight flywheel and new Clutch
Get it on the RR and poss remapped
Fit the dvd player and sun visor moniters I have.
Get the front and rear bumper marks painted.
Have a set of straights powder coated black with a brg stripe on them (to much maybe?)
Get the drivers seat sorted.. not to worn but if I leave it its gonna need lots of money.
Full ITG induction... maybe.

This is deff turned into a labor of love now.. first car that I have not just 'cut and run' just dont want to get rid of her.. never know I could be beasting George for another belt change in 90k miles, although she would be at 180k by then

Will keep you guys posted.