View Single Post
Old 18-03-12, 06:49 PM   #20
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
*sigh*

I got my car back tonight, picked it up outside Dads yard where it is pitch black, jumped in it...instantly remembered why I love it.

Anyway, got home, then when reversing on the driveway as I'm using my wing mirrors alot I thought "I swear this is cleaner than when I gave it to him"

Got out, checked round it...it's been washed! the hell?!

And it's been done with a freaking sponge...put it this way, it doesn't look like the OP anymore

As ungrateful as it sounds...I really really wished it hadn't have been done. The paintwork was mint, about 5 million layers of wax on it, all I had to do was maintain it, quick 30 minute wash each weekend, done. Now the paintwork is freakin horrid to touch, was smoother than a babys arse before and its full of little lines in the paintwork

I text Dad asking why did he wash it (he knows I'm a bit anal when it comes to that car) he said he didnt, Jack (his brother who works with him) did it as he had nothing else to do.

I know I sound ridiculously ungrateful and I'll give it a proper wash this weekend and assess the damage in the daylight but I genuinely wish he hadn't of done it.

Ah well...hopefully me sweating my bollocks off waxing it this weekend will help it out.
Going on from this...I washed and waxed the car today.

Thankfully, it's fixed 90% of the hairline scratches on it

Going on from that, I serviced the car this weekend and I'm happy to report its running like a dream, replaced that damn SAI valve that needed doing and it pulls like a train right through the rev range in all gears now result.

Will be quiet for the month now, next month it's:

New tyres all round
Laser alignment to ensure all is well, if not make corrections where needed
MOT
Tax

And investigate the knocking noise coming from the front right corner....

I sense another expensive month lol.