Thread: Firefrost 180
View Single Post
Old 19-12-14, 09:38 PM   #1
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Firefrost 180

You may remember I recently acquired Staccato's old ZS. It was once a very sorted ZS but had been a bit neglected and was in need of rescuing.

I didn't really have a plan on what I was going to do with it when I placed a bid and was actually surprised I won it. I then had the migraine of how was I going to get it back here from uttoxeter? where could I hire a trailer, who could I ask to help me get it back, when would I be able to get time off work... With everything else I've got on my plate at the moment I was beginning to regret bidding. Then G offered to deliver it for petrol money, I was mighty relieved. My first impression when I saw it was that it was much worse than it looked in the pictures. I always tell people a photo tells a thousand lies and this was no exception. It needed a complete front end and will probably need a complete rear end as well if you really want to get it back to near perfect. I'm not criticising anybody before his pals say anything. I think he actually described the car well enough and still feel I got a bargain. Just its a bit more work than id first thought. So, with this in mind I started trawling the old interweb for any body panels in firefrost. If i wanted to get a complete front end I was looking at £350+. So I thought if im spending that much I bet i could get a whole car for that. So i did, well £200 + £150 to get it trailered. and here it is.

its a diesel that's a CAT C but still runs and drives and pulls very strong. Took me a bit by surprise having never driven the diesel ZS before. It has all the front end parts i need, plus 4 solid door handles which i'll also need amongst various other bits and bobs. Then when im done i plan to break the rest to finance the project. Its got 17" momo alloys, new rear disks and calipers and looks to be a custom exhaust?

I've already started tearing down the front end of the 180 but found several things that need attention before i could even think about putting the new front end on. Will update as and when but this will be slow due to other commitments.