View Single Post
Old 05-05-17, 01:35 PM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
I really like it. Fantastic spec for the money. And its all the clever bits you don’t realise at first, like the rear screen heater will automatically come on when you first get in if it detects the coolant is below 5C. And switches to recirculated air when you select reverse or use the wash/wipe function. All windows up or down off the fob is also handy if you or a passenger forget to do their windows up before you turn the engine off. The hill hold assist system is also used loads more than I thought it would so great feature, and one that I believe is standard throughout the range. There’s also niggles but forgivable in the grand scheme of things. The traction control system will fail if you don’t give it enough revs when pulling out (not a problem for me) and I’ve had a couple of stalls coming out of reverse and into 1st, but think that’s more me just getting used to the car.

As for the ZS, I had considered keeping the red and selling the green but TBH the green is a more useful work horse being a hatch. The saloon boot is far to restrictive (ever tried moving a washing machine in a saloon). And I don’t really like throwing my tools and garden waste etc in the red as it has alcantara seats. Whereas the green just has the standard axis seats.

A friend of mine suggested stripping it out and keeping it as a track car. Which may well be what we end up doing.