View Single Post
Old 05-09-18, 12:20 PM   #204
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Was there any other 180s there for the RR if it was some sort of RR special day?

I went down to Portsmouth area a while back in a mk1 180 that I thought was all good. Mine made about 160. Another guy there made 190 with some breathing mods. Whatever the figures, as they had both been tested on the same machine, it was clear that his was more powerful so I checked my motors and the balance was not working properly - stuck open I think.... Replaced it and the car felt soooo much better. Anyway - if you're happy with it, fine, but I think that with a figure like that, and such a flat line, something is wrong and you could be looking at an even better car with some investigation into the motors.
I remember that day, mines the one which made the 190 😜. As for vis motors feeling a slight kick doesn’t mean they’re working fine. Got another zs when I moved out to Australia, felt good and didn’t feel down on power, felt like there was a kick at the usual rev mark but I have a tester and sure enough both were broken. Got some replacements and it felt much better 👍