View Single Post
Old 07-03-17, 09:18 PM   #106
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
Following this thread with great interest!

Are you using rattle cans for priming and coats? Your paint supplier must be a happy man? I'm doing a bit of renovation work as well but find I don't get much coverage out of the aerosols.
Hi bud,

I'm using aerosols for the underneath, I find if you bulk buy you save quite alot. I've had all the aerosol paint I need sitting in the garage for a while now ready for when I need to use it. I think aerosols are fine for underneath as I'm not particularly worried about the finish, just as long as it's rust proof and tidy im happy. Nice even thin coats and you should be fine, got the whole N/S underarch top coat done with one 500ml aerosol of Firefrost if that gives you an idea on coverage.

I have a compressor and I'm slowly stocking up on the bits I'll need for when I paint the body panels, mixing pots, mixing sticks, tack rags, different coarse's of sand paper etc...

I popped in to jewal paints last weekend to get some advice on bits I'll be needing and the guy was very knowledgeable, printed me out a list of bits ill need and I've got my order of paint, primer, lacquer, thinners and hardner on stand by. For a litre of quality CEV Firefrost is almost £80 so if you look at it like that the aerosols arnt bad value for money.

I've bought a quality paint gun, quality air lines and moisture trap/air filter from SGS so I should be sorted on that front. This is where I want the paint to look really good so I don't mind spending that bit more to make sure of it.

Last edited by Big-Jay; 07-03-17 at 09:53 PM.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote