View Single Post
Old 17-04-17, 08:20 PM   #108
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Ok guys, here's what I've got done over the last few weeks.

Seam sealed where necessary -

Left that to go off for 24h and then Gravigard stone chipped the underside -

I had a small issue with some light cracking appearing in the Gravigard which is probably down to the length of time I left the underside in the primer stage before applying the stonechip. Was probably around 2 weeks. In my experience the quicker you can get the stone chip on after primer the better as it provides a better key for it to stick.

Left that to go off for a few hours and then I started to apply some Firefrost top coat -

Unfortunately I ran out of paint at this point. Thought I had more than enough to complete this job but obviously not ! Will get some ordered and finish this off. Then it's just the lacquer and clear wax and the underside will be finished.

Got my drivers side seat covers back from the upholsterers and decided to get my de-bobbler machine out as the Alcantara was starting to look its age. This is the machine -

And here's all the bobbles and excess material that it removed from the seats -

Brilliant machine and would recommend to anyone looking to freshen up their alcantara seats !

Here's the seat after the repairs, a steam clean and a de-bobble -

No more saggy seat base -

Ive done all the seats but didn't fancy lugging them all downstairs into the yard to take a decent picture today. Will do so a later date though !

I traveled over to Norwich to pick this Janspeed Duplex system up -

And went to work on polishing it up on the bench grinder, here's the smaller back box -

And the larger one -

I lost the X-Power branding on the end of the tail pipes but I couldn't of done the job properly without doing so unfortunately. One of those things I guess.

I now have the complete Janspeed system front to back. Has cost quite a bit and have travelled half way around the country but will all be worth it when it's bolted onto the car -

Have the centre pipe and y piece still to do but that will be for another day.

Finally, I bought the sliding arm rest from a Jaguar X-Type which I'm going to retro fit into the ZS. It's a far superior item compared to the standard ZS arm rest -

I do believe it's all in the details so this should be a nice edition to the car.

Anyway, I'm off down the coast tomorrow for the rest of the week for a break so won't be working on the car until Sunday.

Hope you all enjoyed the bank holiday and also POL if you attended, I did and was great to see plenty of ZS's there !

Jay.

Last edited by Big-Jay; 17-04-17 at 08:30 PM.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote