View Single Post
Old 02-10-16, 04:26 PM   #192
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Battery is behind the passenger seat, cables all sorted.

Looked at the bodywork today and got brutal! Long given up on the BTCC kit that was being mooted a few years back. I have decided to try the hotrod route, this is something I used well over 25 years ago when building oval racers. As this is just the track car and not an everyday or show car I don't mind doing this. I want it to look different and a little aggressive

Take a steel trailer arch, (arch radius to suit wheel arch to be modified) cut in half and offer to wing to be modified. The rest is a leap of faith, cutting disc and MIG welder!

I am still finding my feet with the new welder so this is just a temporary fit until I am happy with the position and clearance. Still need practice! It'll take a few attempts until I am happy and can then detail the final fit and then cut the arch and bond this to the bumper so it can still be removed. This is going to be a long process as having to do this outside.