View Single Post
Old 28-02-09, 06:13 AM   #20
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp kelly View Post
i cant lock the door whilst im on the crane, the wagon needs to be running with the p.t.o on to run the hydraulics of the crane
It is a big proplem on any vehicle with a P.T.O (power take off) for hydraulics to run cranes etc.

On our older trucks one can lcok the drivers door wite the engine running but the newer crane trucks have remote locking etc so will not lock if the ignition is on.

Personally I don't carry a work bag so keep my keys and phone in my pocket but that isn't always possible.

As one has to leave the vehicle unsecured while opperating the crane I would give the problem to your company, rather than asking your boss I would go directly to your HR department, as long as you have taken resonable care they should be able to cover it on the company insurance, they may even do it anyway.

Which company do you work for.

Finally if you have house insurance the policy may cover you for loss of keys, again your HR department will be useful as they should be able to give you a letter on headed paper confirming that it is not possible to lock the truck while operating the crane.

Good luck, let us know how it pans out.