View Single Post
Old 05-08-10, 10:03 AM   #18
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Bit harsh perhaps Will .... You mention an old Honda being a better all-round car. What are you comparing ?

10 cars is nothing mate and loads of factors contribute to whether yours has been a good one or not.

Over the past 2 years - amongst other cars, I've owned 3 ZSs - all 180s - and not had a reliability issue with any of them. We all look for different things in our cars pal. What I looked for in mine was smiles per mile and I got plenty.

Your sig indicates that you were a miles per gallon man - and it also looks like you got plenty too.
I agree that it does read a little harsh, but I am only relaying the facts from my (and my families) experience.. As for my driving style, I am also a smiles per mile man but restricted by my commute to something that is also economical.

1992 Rover Metro, 30k
1996 Citroen Saxo, 67k
1988 Honda CRX, 160k
1993 Honda CRX, 136k
2001 Honda Civic, 36k
2004 Smart Roadster-Coupe, 18k
1987 Honda CRX, 156k
1996 Honda Prelude, 67k

Each one of the above has given me less grief, been built better, cost me less money and never let me down half as much as the ZS did..

Granted it might have been a lemon (and I'm sure it was a Friday afternoon car), but there's still a lot to be said when a 5 year old car is shown up by a now 22 year old Honda

The old man has had loads of problems with his MG ZT, and my mum had the head gasket done twice on her 26k mile Rover 25 - not to mention the long list of other stuff she had to do on it before she traded it in..

Our house was a MG-Rover house, but come Christmas a Fiat, Smart and Skoda will have replaced them - all down to reliability.

We are all guilty of wearing rose tinted shades when we drive a car, I for one was the first person to defend my 'little Rover' when someone criticized it, only now do I realised that I was defending them a little too much

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote