View Single Post
Old 07-04-11, 02:01 PM   #10
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
It is hard to compare the ZS to any other car as it is not like any other car. It is fairly unique due to its age and pedigree, however what they did to it to make it an MG was something special. The 'Z' range of MGs are not like previous BL or Rover badged MGs so those that knew the older 80s versions are most likely comparing it to them. The MGs of the late 90s and 2000s are a different breed altogether. Unfortunately Rover and MG were having a tough time and it was a case of too little too late and no-one took them seriously until it was too late. Only now do people realise what a decent car the ZS is, but it is only those that have driven them know this, most will dismiss it as a tarted up Rover. The winners being us who have them and enjoy them. Granted it's no Audi, BMW or EVO, but then again why follow the herd? Get yourself a copy of the original sales brochures off ebay on the MG range, some interestng reading in there.
I couldn't agree more, now that I fully understand the concept. On the other hand, there's nothing that impresses me at audi's or BMW's of the time...
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote