View Single Post
Old 08-05-11, 08:22 AM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I'm a member of the MGCC, and when I had my MGB GT went to a few pub natters, as they call them. Found it all a bit clicky and didn't bother going to any more. (was a bit rusty, rolling restoration, I called it. Not a nice shiny restored one, that was beyond my means)

They are trying to get new blood, as most of the members are like me, old enough to drive the first Midgets when they came out. Also it does seem centered more on the "proper MG's, TA, TB, TC, SVV, Y types etc.

MGOC, to me always seemed a friendlier bunch, but that's only by reading their mag, now and again.

MGCC has quite a good site, has the events etc, might be worth have a whizz round it and the MGOC one as well.

We did have a meet where we had a number of different forums attend and MGCC lot were there, did nothing to change my mind. I know its difficult to show up first time at any meet but you do know when people make the effort to talk and take an interest if its your first time.

Like every thing you get out what you put in, so its always worth giving one of the clubs a try, The organisers have a lot of influence on how the meets/natters work and would hate my experience put you off.

I'm still a member as I pay the subscription by standing order and too lazy to cancel it.

If you want to have a look at the May, MGCC mag, PM your address and I'll send you one.