View Single Post
Old 12-04-10, 12:00 PM   #43
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Right we have worked out a way to measure the EMP.. just going to use a new blanking plate with a boost guage plumbed into that.... a bit of brake line or something similar to disipate any latent heat then on to normal boost hosing to run it to the cabin... or just something a bit closer if Matt is able to get some testing done on a RR...

Still looking at the various options for once we get the EMP readings - I think i would have to rethink my pipework if i go with the bypass system, as i am almost 100% there is not enough space to join it up with the decat, so the downpipe itself will need to be modified....

external wategate system looks like it would be in the region of £250 for the bits to control and operate that, plus the labour to get it fitted... then the extra cost of getting the pipework plumbed in properly rather than just using a 'screamer pipe' for testing purposes

My concerns with this route is that it is going to be quite hard to control the external wastegate, - As you should see pressure spikes under normal conditions - eg tootling along then stamp the loud pedal when in a rev range that allows max turbo boost) and stopping it opening too early and dumping the boost from the tubo's internal wastegate

If i effect the lag of the system i may as well jsut get a bigger turbo maybe something from the GT20 family...

Still doing plenty of research to try and work out my options.... I will avoid detuning the car if it is the last thing i do
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote