View Single Post
Old 30-04-10, 11:29 AM   #50
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Right car is booked in for another 'Holiday' with Matt next friday.

Going to hook up a boost guage to the Exhaust manifold (where the EGR is blanked) to get some figures as to what it reached achieved when it spits the coolant out.

Also going to try to get something into the coolant system to read the pressure in there to make sure we are getting HGF and not just a general cooling system problem.

Going to check the thermostat just to be sure it is working properly, and also the waterpump.

Pending what is found (but we both expect it to be HGF), the head will come off again and stripped down and rebuilt, then the bypass system will be fashioned.

If we can limit the EMP to be the same as boost then we should be laughing... so around 26PSI

no idea how long this will take, so i am going to be in the little 25 again for a while i think...

still toying with uprating the MAP sensor to a 3bar one so i can get proper boost from the scangauge, but i suspect i will need to get the ECU tweaked a little so just going to get a cheap boost guage to make sure everything is right and maybe get round to that later on.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote