View Single Post
Old 22-09-19, 08:23 AM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
The opinions will vary. You’ll get those that agree with the geometry understanding and where there is compromise, then you’ll get those that only want the static looks to impress and pub/show bragging rights.

The biggest thing for me is whether it is road or track. If a trackway car it’ll either be full-on and trailered, so set up accordingly or driven to track and dialled down to make it safe to use but not driven like an asshole.

If road then you will get that typical owner who wants the stance and all the track bits fitted just to brag about, doesn’t understand the effects and doesn’t care. That will never change.

For me I like the look of a race car, it has a purpose and does what you expect it to do if set up correctly, if that means it sits higher so be it.

Like you said with some clever engineering and understanding you could modify or make new suspension that could control the angular movement, one for the pros I think. The current design works well enough for me for my track use.

I like this topic, makes you think.