Thread: The MOT thread
View Single Post
Old 31-03-12, 09:40 AM   #23
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mine passed yesterday with no advisories! should expect it to really considering it's done about 2500 miles since the last MOT...
Low miles!

Mine went in this morning and tbh was expecting advisories seeing it is nearly 10 years old and does get used!

I've done a shade under 9k miles since last years and all they picked up was tyres being iffy and that is due to the camber as lowered so was expecting that really. Not bad considering the tyres are nearly 3 years old and have covered around 26k miles.

Also mentioned but not advised was leaking O/S inner cv boot, not worried as replacing these when dropping the gearbox. N/S handbrake slightly under par.

So all's good for another year and has never failed an MOT since new.

Also blows holes in the de-cat MOT regs, 3/4 years since de-cat and MIL kit and still passes with flying colours and the new visual check