Thread: Jays MK2 180.
View Single Post
Old 21-08-10, 04:32 PM   #31
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Update: 08/10

So spend the day overhauling my brakes. There must be something about me, rain and 4 pots, as Dave will remember last time I worked with 4 pots it poured and the two of us ended up like drowned rats

After I helped a mate replace an exhaust that fell off his gfs car in a nearby tesco carpark, managed to rope a few lads into helping it always helps to have some banter

Ran into a few problems in the process. The first bolt I touched on the rear calipers was seized after some brute force I managed to loosen it but at the cost of loosing all the skin covering the knuckle of my thumb leaving me looking at bone After a bit of kitchen roll and leccy tape, straped it up and cracked on. It soon went numb after the kitchen roll absorbed the brake fluid!

The next issue was a seized slider pin on the rear carriers, after fighting with it for a while one of the lads jumped on his motorbike and took it to a local garage. Where the oxy acetylene torch made light work of it! We greased them up and replaced all the seal fitted new pads and that was the rear done.

Then attacked the fronts, they took alittle trial and error to get then fit just right. Had to space the disc and calipers out with shims to make sure the caliper sat centrally on the disc. However once we had this right it was a straight forward fit. Flushed the system through with some 5.1 and bled it. Rebled it yesterday and got alittle more air out the system. They need to bed in abit but feel as if they will be awsome getting better with every time I use them.

The green goes well with the XPG and the sunstrip

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote