View Single Post
Old 11-05-13, 01:27 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I had Wedensday off so started swapping a few bits over from the MK1.

So far we have swapped the rear lights for the ones I smoked after I first got the MK1, the dull red suits both cars more than the bright red ones. I also swapped the bulb panels so have got LED rear lights.

Then I did a bit of steering wheel swapping - FE54 came with a TF wheel which has gone on to Mrs TC's ZR, the O/E wheel has gone back on GV51 and the R45 wheel has gone into FE54. This has meant that I have had to borrow the ZR airbag to go in GV51 but I have bought one from Cally180 so I will have a complete ZR set up.

I also had to swap rotary couplers on FE54 and the ZR as the airbag connections are different.

I swapped the dome bolts from the spoiler on GV51 for the normal bolts on FE54 (was this a project drive saving?) and the carpet mats as I prefer the grey ones, doesn't make the car so dark inside.

Finally I swapped the steering wheel cowling so I could fit the scangaugeII which has shown up that the car is running a bit cool - looks like I will be doing a thermostat change.