View Single Post
Old 28-09-15, 10:06 AM   #268
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakta View Post
It's being covered, I have hit a snag with the hot air station I use for soldering surface mount IC's to the board (put simply, the one i've got isn't working as well as it used to which is holding things up).. Not your fault, or the controllers fault either but it's given me a headache, as some of the components needed for the controller are available in surface mount packaging only and are virtually impossible to do by hand.

Thats the bad news, the good news (or bad news depending how you see it) is I've actually got some more orders for the vnt controller too, so given that I need to make myself one as well, there's actually quite a lot of demand for these at the moment, so I am trying to get them out of my hair asap.

Do be assured though, your controller is in assembly. Because these are one off, bespoke electronic designs there is i'm afraid a bit of a delay between an 'order' and one being built.

I don't know how much you need the car on a daily basis, but if you wanted to drop it off up here like you do with matt for the controller fitting and initial tuning etc, might be able to sort something out.
Thanks for the heads up - yeah I know we got our wires crossed, so appreciate the attempt for a quick turn around.

How easy/bad will the car be to drive without the controller, and how would one set it up to do so?

I need to speak to Matt about when he leaves, what progress he has made and how to either pick the car up and bring it home, or head to you....

If it has not gone together yet, I may as well leave it with him for when he gets back, takes the time pressure off and we can get all the bits done in one go....

I'll ping you on FB when I know the plan.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote