View Single Post
Old 29-09-15, 11:43 PM   #269
dakta

dakta is on a distinguished road
No stress, well I'll build the controller anyway, as I've some others to do - and then at least I won't be the hold up for once!

Boost control (actually, I hate calling it boost control, let's call it something more appropriate - engine airflow management - as it influences both exhaust and intake pressures) depends on the energy fed to the turbo which typically comes from exhaust flow and exhaust temperatures - with this in mind I like to do at least the base vnt controller tuning in tandem with the ecu tuning.

I can set you a pilot calibration out, but it almost certainly won't be optimal.

Charles will be using the software to program and adjust his own vnt controller, but we've already got him a fairly decent calibration to start with, so he's not starting from scratch and his fuel settings are unlikely to be tweaked at this stage.

Anyone is welcome to use the software and self-tune, and it is fairly straightforward but I do ask people try and have an understanding of the vnt control logic before jumping in to do it.

If you can drive it without the controller that'd be ideal, my 400 with the GT2256v was actually quite drivable, it drove better with no boost than a stock car with a boost leak! You lose a lot of torque, it's flat in that aspect but if you don't try and jump gaps I actually got away with driving mine about like that for a few days - back in the day!
dakta is offline   Reply With Quote