View Single Post
Old 13-12-09, 01:42 PM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
sure thing Steve

The turbo can techncially flow enough air for about 190bhp in the diesels, so dropping it down to 25PSi (as that is really as high i i want to run it) i could techncially see around the 170-180 mark.

that has always been the plan to get close to a 180 as i could but still maintain the economy.... was a rather poor 38mpg last tank but i was testing out a few things since the boost leak was fixed.....

the real problem with the power figure with diesels is that we only have such limited rpm to play with, mine is currently still pulling at 4200rpm, but as the injector just dump the fuel in, it is not atomising properly, and there is just not enough time to burn it. hence seeing temps in the exhuast manifold of 900C when doing a flat out run in 5th.

It is true it will never sound like a v6 - in fact in usual L-series fashion it sounds rough and un-refined, but generates a few turned heads when on boost
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote