Thread: Mg zs v6
View Single Post
Old 15-07-20, 08:49 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
You're not trying hard enough Pete. One of the rear track rods on my F (on TF subframes) was slightly loose meaning the rear geometry could change mid way through a bend, that was, um, interesting.
Change of pants time, I expect.

When I first had the TF I was sitting at some traffic lights, the road was a dual carriageway leading into a roundabout. An audi came up on the offside and you get a feeling when they want to play. Anyway the lights changed and the TF surprised the audi and I made it to the roundabout first. Most of the traffic goes straight on and that was the lane I was in. Hit the brakes and the car jinked a bit but got round OK. The audi then sat up my bum for about a mile till I turned off. he was not a happy bunny.

Turned out my brake servo was not working and that was giving me the bad braking. The ZS is spot on and I put on new disks and pads all round on the TF, as I knew they were not right.

In the end a MOT failed the servo so I got it changed. I kept on testing the servo by pumping the brakes with the engine off and holding the pedal down. Then started the car and the pedal moved down, I always thought this confirmed the servo was working. When fitting the new servo, I got the garage to fit a bulkhead/servo strengthening bracket as well. Now stops as it should.

They are fun cars and go well, but for a long journey cannot match the ZS,