Thread: What next?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-07, 11:42 AM   #13
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
If you are wanting to pursue something on track I have some suggestions....
  • coilovers (prices vary)
  • polybushed suspension
  • mk2 Straights with 215/40 R17's for a little extra grip (just had mine fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1's - thanks EMS!)
  • NOS (frequent recharges may be needed lol!)
  • gas flow, polish and port the cylinder heads (can be done cost effectively if you get 2 spare heads and find someone compotent to do it correctly)
  • rear lower brace bar from Motobuild (cheap enough)
  • LSD in your PG1 (not sure on price but I have a low miles PG1 available)
  • bonnet scoop for induction intake (working on that one when I get some spare money)

I reckon 200bhp up to 250bhp is more than enough power for the ZS........concentrating on getting that power to the tarmac as best as possible is where gains can be had.

Coming up to a tight corner and being able to drive through it quicker than you would expect is more noticable and more fun in my opinion than a car that is ballistically quick in a straight line and struggles when it comes to the twisties. The ZS is well known for it's good handling. Build on that with the small power gains and you can end up with a car that can put many 'better' cars to shame.

Best of luck on your quest James Hope to see you at a Kent Meet soon Haven't seen you in ages.

Smitten Jim

Last edited by Boot Hill Bandit; 05-12-07 at 11:47 AM.
Boot Hill Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote