Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 07-08-19, 09:20 AM   #142
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
You're still over stock peak torque at 2400 rpm - but given that you've only got a 1200 rpm band of peak torque/power by the look of it, it makes that sweet spot smallish.

That said, if you're not giving it full beans you're not going to notice that in real world with the extra torque that you do have on tap. so looks good

We're looking at peak torque around the 2k mark - inline with the crappy stage 2's; with the aim to hold it flat until 4k (might not be possible but that's the aim), maybe 4200.. but unfortunately our head design just doesn't make sense to tune it up to the 5500 limit as you can see it just runs out of puff.

RE the offer of testing, I think at this point we're close ourselves so I'll pass; I'm happy that they flow enough fuel as I fitted them previously, the issue will be what the combustion is like...

There are more nozzles that can be tried in the catalogue than there were a couple of years back, so if they don't work, I may well fire these ones your way (not having the soot aspect to content with) if we end up doing some trial and error. If you're interested in experimenting that is.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote