View Single Post
Old 19-08-13, 05:40 PM   #102
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
The Avo suspension has been removed and sold, it was just way to soft for what I want and have planned for the car.
I have some new skunk pro c coilover's that were available so they were snapped up. These are much more in line with plan, fully adjustable from the top! And running much heavier spring rates 10k/8k. Although still a little softer than I planned but with all the chassis mods I was airing on caution as ATM I will still have to drive the car to the track.

Brakes will be 6 pots on huge discs as supplied from the creator aka mr reyland and apparently will stop the car with ease no matter what engine I fit :-)

All the abs system has been removed and is being replaced with manual control valves for the bias.

Still no sign of the btcc bodywork but its not like I need it ATM.

I have all the suspension stripped and ready for powder coating. Once painted they will be re assembled with poly bushes.

Still can't decide about the race dash or just strip the ***** out of the uber heavy stock unit and get that flocked? Ummm

Bloody doors weigh a tonne but I have a plan, just depends if it works out! If I can at least replace the front doors with fibre glass units then I reckon its more than achievable to get the scales close to 900kg mark and that with the new spec mk1 motor should make the thing fly!

Mk2 motor is now sitting in the shed but that's for another day hehe :-))