View Single Post
Old 05-08-13, 10:19 PM   #16
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
I need your help guys!

I purchased the locking tools from a supplier in Spain. These i believe are some Chinese brand unknown but for 80 euros there a bargain compared to ones i've seen on various sites.

I've watched the KV6 timing belt video on youtube about 20 times so i was confident about the job. I first checked the rear cams was aligned which they was and the crank was in the safe position. I was planning on changing the belt without removing the cam bolt. Went ahead and removed the tensioner, at this time i started to remove the belt from the right hand side.

The right cam then springed out of position which then knocked the timing position of the rear cams, since i removed the belt it then slipped on the left hand side and springed out of place.

I used the tools which aligned the right hand side correctly - Both to my timing marks and the rear cam lines are level straight. As shown here:

Right hand side rear cams:

Left hand side is completely out of sync for some reason. Does not align with my timing marks and either do the rear cams align:

Rear Cams:

Have i been a complete twit and done something?

Any help would be fantastic
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote