Thread: mk 2 120 info
View Single Post
Old 05-05-11, 02:03 PM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 View Post
As you know the 180 is having to be sold but having a look round for something else and everything looks and feels pedestrian so I have decided to go for a MK2 120 but having never owned one or even looked into specs etc I was wondering if you guys could point out the usual issues that they have...
I know that there is the hgf issue but as Ritchy say's its about 2 hours.. so half a day for me lol but I'm also looking to mod it a bit so exhaust and lower it.. am I correct in thinking that civic coilovers work or is that just the mk1's?
cheers guys
Most issues are similiar to the V6 bud. Obviously as you have noted check the HG and anything associated with the cooling system - stat, rad etc. I am sure you can still get the Xpower lowering springs for the 120 and all 4 pot K series if you don't want the expense of coilovers