Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 08-05-15, 01:31 PM   #117
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Great news that Phil - now to get it on a dyno....

Maybe I will jump to the 200TDI's fairly quickly - I've a low SDI map on mine atm to save the HG on the stage 2.... so will be hugely underfuelled for the GTB1856v.

Smoke levels of just a hazing/SDI equivalent is what we need to really achieve with the VNT as uou know, otherwise it is de clagging of the vanes!

I think when they bring in actual emissions tests - if our derv's get sucked into that, we will need a dual map for sure...

RE the 180 vs tuned diesel.... a stripped track slag would have the advantage regardless, but It would be interesting if they were both the same spec and to compare.

The engine weight is the same, so it would come down to how well you can get the power/torque down and acceleration from corners - if the driver was the same, and the conditions....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote