View Single Post
Old 08-05-15, 02:48 PM   #118
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
In the lower dash.
Where the ashtray is.
Press the ashtray, it flips down revealing toggle switches. Labeled "SMOKE" & "BOOST" (both do the same thing but no one needs to know as one switch is boring.)
Haha I like it!
Slightly off topic but do you think you'll end up coming over for that carpet at some point? Really don't want to throw it away but I need the space in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Great news that Phil - now to get it on a dyno....

Maybe I will jump to the 200TDI's fairly quickly - I've a low SDI map on mine atm to save the HG on the stage 2.... so will be hugely underfuelled for the GTB1856v.

Smoke levels of just a hazing/SDI equivalent is what we need to really achieve with the VNT as uou know, otherwise it is de clagging of the vanes!

I think when they bring in actual emissions tests - if our derv's get sucked into that, we will need a dual map for sure...

RE the 180 vs tuned diesel.... a stripped track slag would have the advantage regardless, but It would be interesting if they were both the same spec and to compare.

The engine weight is the same, so it would come down to how well you can get the power/torque down and acceleration from corners - if the driver was the same, and the conditions....
I'm just amazed at how much fuel I've taken out of even the standard map lower down and how hard it pulls still.

You are right though, it needs to go on the rolling road!

Really starting to get back into the diesel tuning... just sent a message to the local turbo place asking about scope for a 2060 hybrid using a 330d cold side and billet compressor... This is meant to be the "sensible" car!!