View Single Post
Old 02-06-10, 10:51 AM   #15
rozzr

rozzr is on a distinguished road
I owned a ZS 120+ (new shape with kit) for about 15 months which is the longest i've ever owned a car.

Here is what I would say about it:

- comfort: very comfy seats as standard, build quality isn't great so loud at motorway speeds, suspension setup as standard is spot on - perfect balance between sporty and comfort

- practicality: huge boot (this was a hatch) and when you fold the rear seats down you can take almost anything anywhere! 4/5 doors so easy access, very little room for people sitting in the back though especially if tall people in the front.

- performance: 120 1.8 engine is fine, definately don't go any smaller or else you will struggle up hills with people in the car, it is by NO means quick but it gets about and is just fine

- reliability/maintanence: fairly reliable, had a few small things and HGF over the period I had it. Small things very easy to fix yourself - very DIY-friendly cars and loads of parts available from scrappies. HGF is a ****** but still only £350-ish to fix so not that big a deal. Easy to maintain and keep going.

- economy: averaged about 36mpg in my 120, insurance cheap, road tax is ok and as I said cheap car to run and maintain. also you will barely see any depreciation which is always nice as they are not far off their residual value by now!

My advice: go for it! Get a 120, best balance of performance to economy but if you can afford the 180 easily enough then go for that, definately a no brainer. Make sure you get a mk2 with the full 180 kit (big spoiler, vents in wings, flared arches, etc - looks fantastic), I would probably go for a saloon but hatch may be more practical.

They really are great cars and you simply will not find a better car for the money.
MG ZR 120 2003 - sold
MG ZR 105 2002 - sold
MG ZS 120 2004 - sold
Ford Focus ST 2007 - CURRENT!
rozzr is offline   Reply With Quote