View Single Post
Old 29-03-13, 07:29 AM   #30
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
One thing i read in Carmadbakers guide ... i now understand....removing the loom is most definitely the "hard but cheap way"...

No **** !

I honestly did not think it would be as time consuming as that.

But we did get it, im hoping we got it out at the right point, had to unplug it at a small orange connecter and a large blue connector behind the drivers kick panel, also two green plugs had to come out of the fuse box, all these went to the rear of the ZS.

Here is what i have !

I think i have everything i need now from the 420...

Complete engine bay loom/dash loom etc.

All engine mounts

Drive shafts

AC pipes,condenser fan.

All PAS pipes,

All water pipes.

Gear selectors complete.

If anyone can think of anything i have missed please let me know asap as i will scrap the 420 next week.

The other thing i need to double triple check is that the ZS outer CV joints will fit on to the 420 drives shafts ??

As i left the hubs on the 420.

Ok so engine bay of the 420 now.

And the inside.

We also stripped the rest of the bits off the 420s engine, Pas pump, water pump housing, ac compressor and the back plate its self.

Took the gearbox off as im not sure but assume now the speedo will take its drive from the gearbox...so that means im going to have to swap speedo drives out of the 400 or ZS in to the Ti box ?

Ah well, a good couple of days but man was it cold out there !

Things will slow down a little now, the 420 will be scrapped and over the next few weeks i will put together a suitable engine for the ZS.

Then i think Vard and I will have another few days and crack this job !

Last edited by Din; 29-03-13 at 07:35 AM.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote