View Single Post
Old 10-02-10, 09:51 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Generally if your car is written off they cancel your policy there and then. So I would beg to differ with them demanding the balance. When Kathy's Jimny was written off we did not pay the balance on the policy as there was some 6 months remaining. We got two cheques, one for the scrap value and the balance was for the agreed valuation, to which I did not contest as it was alot higher than I had expected!

Maybe there is something in the small print regarding own fault claims as opposed to non-fault claims and any outstanding balance? I would call them and ask for clarification on the matter.

Out of interest what was the scrap value they offered you in order to buy it back?

The wife's Jimny O2 was an 02 plate and the scrap value was around £575 and the total agreed came to £3200 and that had over 60k miles on it. I wouldn't say that was worth it, but I wasn't going to argue!