View Single Post
Old 13-11-17, 07:40 AM   #20
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I am in the same positon with too many cars needing love and not enough time for them all.

We actually went over to a localish independent Alfa dealer this afternoon to sit in a couple of models. I was rather taken by the 159 and the Brera but I really want a 3.2, I don't want a 1.7 turbo or any sort of diesel and they are in rather sort supply.
The 3.2 would be nice but very thirsty I bet. I love the front end on them, very unique. A 159 2.4 JTDM mapped would be my choice in that line up, sound quite fruity for a diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
I currently have a track day supercharged clio

The respect for the Megane is a lot higher than I realised very sorted motors right out the box.

The vrs etc are ok but are hardly a big spec

Also if there anything like the clio there huge fun
Good to hear
Which clio have you got?
I had a 172 a few years ago which was great fun.
The Megane is great for what I want, glad I bought it but probably not to everyone's taste. Im surprised by how grown up it can be yet throw it around a bit and it really comes into its own. Exactly what I wanted, something to munch up the commute but put a smile on my face on the B road section of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
If you don’t need 4 seats a s2000 ticks the boxes
I agree but unfortunately not much room for 2 mountain bikes in the back so the Magane is about as small as I can get away with really as my other half has a Cooper S so needed something to put the shopping in!
I think I'll be happy with the RS as long as it behaves and stays reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
My brother had one of them, was a great drive, could really chuck it around and it flew when you put your foot down!
I’d have one.
He had a full spec cup. The recaros were great and somehow comfy I’m not sure the 19” wheels helped handling or accelerating but they looked great and it still slung itself around handily.

I want one now I’m remembering it 😂
I remember you saying about your brother's one. Sounds like he had the "full fat" as its known, probably the most desirable one for most people, not least for the Recaros. I would have been tempted but they seem to go for top money.
I settled on the simplest, lightest and arguably best handling one. A factory Cup 250 with 18" wheels and the Michelin Pilot sport tyres, LSD, cloth seats (which actually are basically the same as MG Monacos), no climate control, sat nav or anything like that. Its got standard fit cruise control and bluetooth and thats about it. My only criticism so far is that the stereo is absolute sh**.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I would have looked at GT86's or mayb a couple of others for something a bit different but fun too and not hugely expensive....

But I'm sure that megane will be a blast!

If I had more space I'd be looking for another runabout type car - something smaller than the mustang, and less of a diva than the ZS!

Problem is - I work from home, I would struggle to find a good reason to run three cars!
Now you mention it I did consider a GT86 but I was taken out in one when they first came out and was very underwhelmed by it on the roads. Im sure they would be great fun on a circuit though despite their lack of power. Power isn't everything.
Haha talking about justifying a number of cars, you should see our driveway, its almost embarrassing justifying it (even though I cant really) to non car people.
I'd happily take the Mustang and your ZS as a "do everything" collection.