View Single Post
Old 20-08-14, 03:07 PM   #146
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I had quick coffee and a search of the "workshop" and I found my box of O/E clutch hydraulics and exactly where I thought they should be!

At 19.07 I was back outside.

The old bent and damaged slave bracket was off quickly showing that it had bent at the back end allowing the engine to body earth become loose explaining why the car was struggling to start.

I didn't fancy changing the whole system so studied the joint between upper and low sections, it looked very much like the compression joint found on many small bore hydraulic systems. Rather than try and find the Rover "special" tool I used Mrs Robinson and her five lovely daughters!

I then realised that the old slave was missing the plunger so I guess this fell of when the peddle went to the floor.

The best of bracket and slave were fitted, air filter refitted and tools put away and it was only 20.20, nice when a problem is quickly resolved.